In accordance with Privacy By Design principles, MyData Geneva tries to limit its collection of personal data. We do compile personal data in a limited set of circumstances, for specific purposes:
- for our mailing lists, in order to announce events or pass on information, in accordance to your wishes, and after you have provided consent;
- for our surveys, in order to improve our events and other activities, after you have provided consent.
In those circumstances, the collection is limited to names, email address, and opinions on different aspects of the events organized.
We do our best efforts to use services based in Switzerland or failing that in the European Union. It is unfortunately not always possible at this stage. However, we do keep in mind the necessity to move away from some of the services we currently use.
We are established in Switzerland for the purposes of data protection. If we do collect some of your personal data, it will be made clear to you at the time of collection. You have rights over the data collected, which include:
- right to erasure of your personal data;
- right to access to your personal data;
- right to portability of your personal data;
- right to object to some forms of processing of your personal data.
You can simply exercise any of these rights by emailing email@example.com.
We want to lead by example on our data protection practices, and are open to discussions for improvements.